In 1923, ( before most of us were born!)
1. President of the largest steel company?
2. President of the largest gas company?
3. President of the New York Stock Exchange?
4. Greatest wheat speculator?
5. President of the Bank of International Settlement?
6. Great Bear of Wall Street?
These men were considered some of the worlds most successful of their days.
80 years later,
the history book asks us,
if we know
what ultimately became of them.
1. The president of the largest steel company.
died a pauper.
2. The president of the largest gas company,
3. The president of the NYSE,
was released from prison
to die at home.
4. The greatest wheat speculator,
died abroad, penniless.
5 The president of
the Bank of International Settlement,
6. The Great Bear of Wall Street,
also committed suicide.
However, in that same year, 1923, the PGA Champion and the winner of the most important golf tournament, the US Open, was Gene Sarazen.
What became of him?
He played golf until he was 92,
died in 1999 at the age of 95.
He was financially secure
at the time of his death.